Acrylic was scratched and became like new: a simple solution from Cramer
- Acrylic scratches are harder to see than polish
- Sealing of scratches on acrylic
- Intelligible instruction with recommendations from the manufacturer
How can the flawless surface of an acrylic bath be easily and quickly restored after scratching? If in the acrylic bowl of the bath it was “possible” to make large holes, gouges and other significant indentations, then this is already an occasion to use the recipe from articles on the repair of enamelled surfaces . In the case of the repair kit from Cramer , about which there is a speech, it does not matter - the enamel is damaged or acrylic. If the problem is really in shallow scratches on acrylic, then for these cases there is a simpler specialized solution.
Acrylic scratches are harder to see than polish
When interacting with acrylic surfaces, one should be attentive to small scratches in order to minimize the likelihood of their growth. To do this, you should regularly inspect the bowl of the bath or sink at different angles and remove any defects that appear. To do this, it is not necessary to call any organization to provide such services. It is enough to include routine inspections in the number of procedures for maintaining cleanliness in the house.
Sealing of scratches on acrylic
Independently, quickly and easily restore the compromised integrity of the acrylic coating can, if necessary tools and tools are purchased in advance. They can choose and to acquire right now. Or at any time after reaching a clear understanding of the content of this article. And this is no more difficult than the actions of the actors shown in the Cramer corporate videos.
Specially selected substances and polishing components in the composition Acryl-Star from Cramer help restore color, eliminate stains and limescale, while polishing the surface of the bath. Deeper scratches should be processed with abrasive paper from the kit, and then bring the corresponding area to a mirror shine with a paste.
Intelligible instruction with recommendations from the manufacturer
It is worth a little more detail than in the description of the goods to figure out exactly how the German company Cramer offers to follow its instructions and why. Special cases are different and differently manifest efficiency, practicality, environmental friendliness and reliability of the proposed funds. In this article, we consider the “normal” version: a few scratches on acrylic, depicted in the photo above in the text.
The basic rule for using tools from Cramer to restore flawless appearance of acrylic surfaces may sound like this: please do everything according to the attached instructions. The rest has already been done and provided by the manufacturer, and any worries about this can be considered redundant.
Before buying or repairing something, it is advisable to take into account: illiterate care for acrylic can lead to undesirable results. The acrylic surface may fade as its surface becomes matte, or rather, “gently scratched.”
- To clean the acrylic surface from limescale, stains or dirt: apply Acryl-Star Cramer acrylic care product on a damp cloth or sponge, and carefully rub the damp surface. Then rinse with warm water and wipe dry.
- To polish scratched areas: sand the spots where minor scratches are found with sanding paper, and then polish them with a special cloth from the Acryl-Star kit, applying a little of this product to the surface.
- It is possible to store the unspent part of the kit at a temperature of from + 5 ° to + 30 ° C for 3 years. To maintain the perfect appearance of the bath in normal use, it is sufficient to use this kit once a season during general cleaning.
- It is possible to use without protective equipment, as the Acryl-Star composition has an acid level acceptable for open skin, has a pleasant odor and is environmentally safe.
When looking for a more versatile care product in the bathrooms for ceramic, enameled, acrylic, metal, painted (including powder-coated) surfaces, you should pay attention to Cramer Bar Proofreaders .
If you want to completely get rid of problems with acrylic baths and replace them with enamelled ones, then it makes sense to consider very high quality and hardy models from the German brand Kaldewei . Chrome-plated surfaces may be present in both types of baths, as well as in other bathroom equipment. To effectively care for them, Cramer also produces reliable and environmentally friendly products, such as Chrom-star .
We wish you a clear understanding that it is no longer worth worrying, worrying about and looking for expensive specialist services due to such trifles as scratches on acrylic.
Technical information, videos and photos: Cramer
Article author: Valery Stobbe